A simple guide on getting you started with POS!

Author: POSPaper   Date Posted: 12 May 2016 


What is POS you ask?

POS means point of sale. It’s also the time and place where a retail transaction is completed.

POS is anything from a barcode scanner, a transaction with a receipt or a cash register linked to a computer.

What sort of Printers are out there for my business?

Well if we listed all the variations in printers, brands and models we’d be here for years and the list would bore you after line 1, but we can share the most popular types!

Thermal Printers, Impact Receipt (Dot- Matrix) and Label Printers.

Each is unique in their functionality, the paper you use and the result you’re looking for!

We sell all of these types of printers, with Thermal Printers being most common in retail, Impact receipt being most popular in hospitality, and Label Printers for the all-rounders!

Does thermal paper only work in thermal printers?

The simple answer, yes.

The reason: Thermal Paper is infused with chemicals which are reactive to heat. When the Thermal Paper is exposed to heat, through the Thermal Printer the colour is released onto the paper through inkless printing. 

View our Thermal Printers here!

What do I need Bond Paper for?

Bond Paper is used in Impact Receipt Printers (Dot-Matrix) which require ribbons to print onto the paper rolls.

Bond Paper Rolls can be purchased in 3 different forms: Single, Dual and Triple Ply, so when printed, multiple copies of the same receipt are printed for different purposes.

View our Bond Paper Rolls here!

Does Bond Paper work in Thermal Printers?

No. Bond Paper Rolls only prints when used in an Impact Receipt Printer(Dot-Matrix) and Thermal Paper Rolls only print when used in a Thermal Printer.

If you have any questions relating to our POS Supplies, please contact us today so we can help you!

Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up